Onion juice has long been a favored natural hair loss treatment that actually works. This natural remedy works in a similar fashion as Aloe Vera in that it reduces inflammation and has anti-microbial properties while also promoting collagen growth.
Onion juice is a popular choice due to the many beneficial minerals it contains such as dietary sulfur. Sulfur is one of the most common minerals in the body and it is essential for the adequate production of both enzymes and proteins. Sulfur is also found within keratin, a fibrous structural protein which is a key structural material in hair. Increasing the levels of sulfur will provide the hair with the nourishment to grow stronger and thicker hair.
- Acquire and peel four onions (as fresh as possible)
- Extract the juice out of the onions either by squeezing them or running them through a juicer
- Apply and massage the juice on both your scalp (make sure to get to the roots)
- Rinse after at least 15 minutes have passed or, leave on over night and then rinse it off using a shampoo in the morning (follow up with a good conditioner)
- Optional: If the smell is over powering you can add a little bit of lemon juice to neutralize the odor of the onions. You can also add a few drops of essential oils such as peppermint, rosemary and lavender for a similar effect.