1. Comb through the hair to remove any snarls and tangles. Take sections of hair from both sides of the head, from the part down to the ears, and bring them towards the back of the head.
2. Create a knot by crossing the right strand over the left. Now that the strands have switched places, bring the right strand up and through the gap at the top, then back down. Carefully pull the two strands in the opposite direction to tighten the knot against the head.
3. Pick up a 1″ section of hair on each side of the head, directly below the section from Step 1. Incorporate these sections into the two corresponding sections from the first knot so you still have one section on the right and one section on the left to work with. Create a second knot by crossing the right strand over the left, bring the right strand up and through the gap at the top, then back down again Carefully pull the two strands in opposite directions to tighten the knot against the head.
4. Bring in the rest of the hair that is hanging down, so all the hair is incorporated into the sections being knotted. Tie a third knot, keeping it tight against the head.
5. Continue tying the hair into knots until you reach the end of the hair. Tie off the bottom with a clear elastic band.
6. Roll the hair under towards the nape of the neck. Pin the hair, securing it underneath, with bobby pins. Set the style by misting it with hairspray.