This low-carb version swaps the rice for veggies, which means larger portions with 85% less calories than rice!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 10 ounces raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, mix cauliflower, oregano, cumin, and turmeric.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Season chicken with Vs teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Remove skillet from heat; clean, if needed. Respray, and bring to medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion until mostly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add seasoned cauliflower, frozen veggies, broth, tomato paste, garlic powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add chicken, and cook and stir until cauliflower rice is tender and chicken is hot, about 3 minutes.