1. Begin by picking up a section of hair, a few inches up from the ears and back to the top of the crown.
2. Tie off the section with a clear elastic band.
3. Create a gap above the clear elastic band for the topsy tail.
4. Flip the tail up and through the gap, pulling it back down tight.
5. Gently pull on the edges of the topsy tail to close the space between each side.
6. Repeat the previous steps with two new sections of hair to create a second topsy tail directly below the first one.
7. Now create a third topsy tail a few inches above the nape of the neck.
8. Pick up the remaining hair and twist it all together.
9. Wrap the twist around itself, forming a bun, and pin it against the head with bobby pins. Then set the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.