This skillet chicken Parmesan tops chicken breasts with a sweet tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese for a quick and delicious meal.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 (2 large) egg whites
- Two 4-ounce raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/3 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a wide bowl, mix breadcrumbs with ‘A teaspoon of each seasoning. Place egg in another wide bowl.
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Coat with egg, shake to remove excess, and coat with seasoned crumbs.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook chicken for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix crushed tomatoes with remaining V4 teaspoon each Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Reduce heat to low. Top chicken with seasoned tomatoes and cheese. Cover and cook until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.