Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Cool: 5 minutes
- 2 medium-large zucchini (about 10 ounces each)
- 8 ounces raw extra-lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to broil. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Pierce zucchini several times with a fork. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Flip zucchini and microwave for 3 more minutes, or until softened. Pat dry and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef and 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning. Cook and crumble for about 4 minutes. Add corn. Cook and stir until corn has thawed and beef is fully cooked, about I minute.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out and discard the inside flesh (or save for another time), leaving about 1/4 inch inside the skin. Thoroughly pat dry. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning.
- Place hollow zucchini halves on the baking sheet. Fill with beef mixture, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until zucchini is hot and cheese has melted, about 1 minute. Top with tomatoes and scallions.