Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 10 ounces raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup (2 large) egg whites
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons thick teriyaki sauce or marinade
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a wide bowl, combine 2 1/2 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger. Mix well.
- Place chicken in another wide bowl, and coat with egg.
- One at a time, shake chicken pieces to remove excess egg and coat with flour. Place on the baking sheet, and bake for 8 minutes.
- Flip chicken. Bake until lightly browned and cooked through, about 8 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine orange juice with remaining IA tablespoon flour. Whisk with a fork to dissolve. Add teriyaki, remaining ‘A teaspoon garlic powder, and remaining ‘A teaspoon ground ginger. Mix well. Cover and microwave for 1 minute, or until hot and thickened.
- Place chicken in a medium-large bowl. Top with sauce, and gently toss to coat.