Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- One 3-ounce raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 whole-wheat pita
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons frozen sweet corn kernals
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of each seasoning, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop.
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes with remaining 1/8 teaspoon of each seasoning.
- Place pita on the baking sheet, and spread with seasoned tomatoes, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with chicken and remaining ingredients.
- Bake until hot and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes