Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 ounces block-style extra-firm tofu
- Four 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- To make the sauce. place 1/4 cup tomatoes in a small blender or food processor. Add peppers in adobo sauce. 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup water. Blend until smooth.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add tofu and remaining 1 teaspoon taco seasoning. Cook and crumble until lightly browned. about 3 minutes.
- Add sauce, and cook and stir until hot and well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels, and microwave for 20 seconds. or until warm.
- Evenly distribute tofu mixture among tortillas. Top with lettuce, cheese, and remaining 1/4 cup tomatoes.