• Add a few drops of lemon balm and chamomile essential oils to the bathwater to stabilize emotional balance; lavender, bergamot, sandalwood c cedar will also do the trick.
• For a fragrant and relaxing herbal bath, boil about 1/2 cup (100 g) each chamomile, lime and lavender flowers in 2 quarts (2L) water for 30 minutes Strain and pour into hot bathwater. Add a little music and you have the perfect soak.
• Sandalwood helps to reduce anxiety and nervous tension. Mix 3 drops of sandalwood oil with 1 teaspoon (5 ml) almond oil and gently massage your shoulders, neck, arms and legs. Better still, ask a partner or close friend to d it for you.
• To calm your nerves and (or a restful night’s sleep, place a sachet of dried hop flowers under the pillow.
• Three drops each of peppermint, basil, sage and lavender oils are a calming mixture for a scent burner.
Breathing Relaxation Exercises
- Sit up on a chair with your feet resting near each other on the floor. Let your arms hang down at your sides.
- As you breathe in through your nose, slowly spread your arms straight out to the sides then bring your palms together over your head. Then stand up energetically.
- Rotate your hands so they are back to back. Lower your arms straight to your sides. As you do so, slowly sit back down and expel the air through your mouth.
- Wait a couple of seconds, then repeat the entire exercise. Do the whole exercise a total of 10 times.