Steps: Makes about 2 cups
- Steam 4 cups broccoli florets until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and transfer to a blender with 1/4 cup water.
- Blend until desired consistency, adding a bit of water if needed to help it blend. Stir into 3/4 cup Apple Purée (recipe below)
Apple Purée: Makes 2 cups
- 4 Medium apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Once you’ve successfully fed your baby just apples, add a flavour kick by adding 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger for next time
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a simmer. Place a steamer basket over the water. Add the apple chunks. Cover and steam until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer the apples to a food processor or blender. Process until you get the desired consistency for your baby, adding a tablespoon or more water to the blender if needed to help it blend.