Ingredients: Makes 2 1/4 cups
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick coins
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or sub in 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin for a smokier flavor
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a simmer. Place a steamer basket over the water. Add the carrots. Cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower, cover, and steam until both vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes more. Cool slightly
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender or food processor with the ground ginger. Purée until you get the desired consistency for your baby, adding a 1/4 cup or more water to the blender if needed to help it blend.