Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 pound (about 2 medium) spiralized zucchini
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons whipped butter
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Two 4-ounce raw skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir zucchini until hot and slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a strainer, and thoroughly drain.
- Remove skillet from heat, respray, and bring to medium-low heat. Add drained zucchini, cream cheese, butter, Parm, garlic, onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook and stir until sauce is uniform and has coated zucchini, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat; clean, if needed. Respray, and bring to medium heat. Season salmon with remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve salmon over zucchini.