Think of this as your baby’s first omelet. The zucchini adds a sweet grassy flavor, and the eggs contribute high-quality protein and choline, a mineral essential for eye health.
Ingredients: Makes about 1/2 Cup
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons breast milk or formula
- Wrap the grated zucchini in a clean dish towel and squeeze, wringing out as much water as possible.
- Melt the butter in a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the egg and scramble, stirring until the egg has firmed up. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the zucchini-egg mixture to a blender. Add the breast milk or formula and purée until smooth.