Give your baby a head start on sophisticated flavors with this delicious twist on basic applesauce.
Ingredients: Makes about 2 cups
- 4 ripe (but not squishy) bartlett pears (about 2 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Look for creamy unsweetened and unsalted almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 378°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and core the pears; slice each into 8 wedges. Toss the pears with the olive oil. Spread them out on the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly golden brown. Cool slightly
- Transfer the pears to a medium bowl. Mash the pears with a fork until you get the desired consistency for your baby. Stir in the rosemary and almond butter.