Cauliflower, chickpeas, and curry are a classic Indian flavor combination.
Ingredients: Makes about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth or water)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about half a head)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and water to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets and the chickpeas. They won’t be covered by the liquid. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is very tender. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder. With an immersion blender, food processor, or knife and fork, mash the cauliflower and chickpeas until you get the desired consistency for your baby.
For a delicious snack or lunch for kids and grown-ups of all ages, add a beaten egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, extra curry powder to taste, and enough panko for the veggies to come together. Form into cakes and saute in olive oil until brown.