Cellulite appears when a pocket of fat beneath the skin pushes on the connective tissue, creating a cottage cheese effect. Women are particularly prone to cellulite because their connective tissue is softer than men’s.
Strawberry exfoliating body wash
An exfoliating body wash has a revitalizing effect on cellulite.
- 1/4 cup (60 g) strawberries
- 1/4 cup (60 g) cucumber, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (50 g) ground almonds
Purée all the ingredients in a blender or mash them in a mortar. Store in a sealable container and use in the shower. The mixture can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
• Potatoes possess remarkable healing powers, including the ability to tighten connective tissue. To take advantage of this, peel a potato, slice it thinly and lay the raw slices on the skin affected by cellulite. Cover with a cotton cloth and let the potato work for 15 minutes.
• Create your own mixture to tighten the subcutaneous tissue. Boil about 3 tablespoons (45 g) ivy leaves in 2 quarts (2 water for 2 minutes and strain. Moisten cotton cloths with the cooled liquid and apply to the affected areas once a day for about 20 minutes.
• Massaging sea salt into moist skin can also be effective. Do it after taking a shower then rinse the salt off with warm water.