The skin around the eyes is delicate and requires special care. It is also the first part of the face to show signs of aging, so it’s important to be sure it’s kept properly hydrated. Thankfully, natural eye creams can be used to care for this sensitive area.
Eye creams moisturize the delicate skin around the eyes and treat dark circles and wrinkles.
• Plant based eye creams are available in pharmacies and health food stores. These cosmetics contain eyebright, calendula, aloe vera and oils such as wheat germ, avocado and macadamia. Apply eye cream morning and night.
• For a homemade fragrant skin oil that will leave you looking fresh, mix about 1 1/2 cup (100 ml) avocado oil and 3 drops rose oil.
• Using easily spreadable plant oils, such as almond, apricot, jojoba and coconut oils, is an excellent way to moisturize the areas around the eyes and keep skin smooth. Apply a few drops directly on the skin or moisten a gauze bandage or two cotton balls with oil and place on closed eyes and the surrounding skin.
Almond oil can help prevent wrinkles.
CIRCLES under the eyes
Whether the cause is lack of sleep, allergies or just aging, no one looks their best with dark circles under their eyes. These appear when blood vessels show through the delicate skin under the eyes.
• Eye creams or gels containing horse chestnut or cucumber may help to reduce puffy eyes.
• Mix 1 tablespoon (15 ml) egg white with 3 tablespoons (45 ml) plain yogurt to make a refreshing eye mask. Dab on the circles under your eyes, let the mask dry and rinse with warm water.
• To make an invigorating eye compress, pour 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water over 1 teaspoon (5 ml) each dried eyebright and lime flowers. Steep for 5 minutes and strain. Moisten two cotton balls with the cooled liquid and place on closed eyes for a few minutes.
• One easy way to eliminate circles under the eyes is to place fresh, cold cucumber slices on the eyelids. If you are in a hurry, use concealer to cover circles and provide a little visual first aid.
Slices of cool. fresh cucumber can soothe eyes and help to eliminate dark circles.
Thick, dark, long lashes are easy to achieve by applying mascara.
1 Use mascara with almond oil to strengthen your eyelashes.
2 Carefully remove eye makeup in the evening. Dab a little water on a soft cloth and wipe off makeup by rubbing gently towards your nose.
3 To be sure eyelashes look healthy, carefully apply a little olive or castor oil with a cotton swab for some deep moisturizing—but be careful not to get the oil in your eyes.