Because standing postures require no equipment and very little space, they can be practiced anytime, anywhere. They can be suggested to your child during a lengthy wait, possibly inviting other children and making it a group game.
This pose develops your child’s concentration, balance, and feet muscles as well as back and hip flexibility.
- Stand with your back straight, shoulders slightly tilted backward, feet parallel.
- Inhale deeply while raising your right arm above your head.
- Bend your left leg backward and grab your left foot with your left hand.
- Bend forward.
- Come back to your initial position while exhaling.
- Repeat three times. Switch sides.
- Provide some help it your child experiences difficulty keeping the pose.