Because standing postures require no equipment and very little space, they can be practiced anytime, anywhere. They can be suggested to your child during a lengthy wait, possibly inviting other children and making it a group game.
This pose loosens the child’s vertebrae. The twisting motion massages the intestines and improves digestion.
- Stand up, legs wide apart.
- Extend your arms out shoulder height. palms facing downward.
- Inhale deeply as you stretch your arms out horizontally.
- Bend your torso to the right and position your right hand flat on your right foot as you exhale. Your left arm and hand are extended, your gaze as high as possible.
- Come back to your original position and switch sides.
- Repeat three times. alternating sides.